Weather Station allows you to export all historical data of a station as a file. You can export data to:
- use this data in another software (statistics software, spreadsheet software, etc.);
- use this data in an online data manipulation service (Google BigQuery for example);
- make a backup of the station;
- transfert data between stations in the same WordPress instance;
- transfert data between stations in different WordPress instances.
To export historical data, click on “Export historical data” in the “Tools” box of the station view. Then set the following parameters:
You can choose the period range of exported data. Note that if you do not change the proposed values, all of the station’s data will be exported.
You can choose here the format of the exported data.
To use your data into another software, you can export in the following formats:
- CSV: a text file format, presenting the data as lines of comma-separated values. This type of format can be read by the majority of spreadsheet software (Calc, Excel, Numbers, etc.) and allows all the data manipulation you want. Can be used to backup your data too.
- DSV (pipe): a text file format, presenting the data as lines of pipe-separated values. You can use it mainly for plain text processing.
- DSV (semicolon): a text file format, presenting the data as lines of semicolon-separated values. You can use it for plain text processing or CSV replacement.
- TSV: a text file format, presenting the data as lines of tab-separated values. You can use it mainly for plain text processing.
To use your data for backup purpose or to import in another station, you can export in the following formats:
- ND-JSON: a de facto standard format used by Weather Station to allow export/import between different WordPress instances. If you want to save your historical data so you can import it into another WordPress site (or another station), this is the ideal format.
Exported data only concern historical data (values, computed indices and data sets). Current and daily data are not part of exported data.
After clicking on the “Export Data” button, the corresponding background process will start. This process may take some times, but you will be notified by email from your site of the end of the operation. You can then download the generated file right in the Weather Station files manager.