Distribution radars, value radars and radial bar charts (wind roses) are particularly suitable for wind or lightning data. These graphs allow to view daily or historical data according to an angle. To configure this shortcode, you must specify the following settings:
- Period type and Period: only available for historical charts, these two parameters are used to specify the display time period. When the period type is set to a fixed period, the period you specify will always be the same regardless of the display conditions. On the other hand, when the period type is set to a sliding period, the period you specify will be relative to the current date. For example, to display the chart that always matches the previous season (relative to the current date), choose “Sliding Season” and “Season – 1”. For daily charts, these settings are not visible: the display time period is always the current day.
- Module: just select a module attached to your station, it must be a real or a virtual module (identified by a name in square brackets).
- Measurement: select from a list of available measurement types.
- Dataset: choose here the dataset related to the compilation operation.
- Allotment: only for angle measurement, allows to specify the number of sectors on which to distribute the data.
- Breakdown: only for radial bar charts, indicates the number of levels in which segmenting measurement data.
- Template: this is the chart layout template, choose “Neutral” for a template to be formatted by yourself via CSS, or choose a predefined template.
- Color scheme: specifies the colors to use for lines and surfaces. These color sets all use the ColorBrewer standard developed by Cynthia Brewer except, of course, the one that is specific to the template.
- Height: the height starts at XS (150 pixels) up to XL (555 pixels).
- Values Scale: only for radial bar charts, specifies how the value axis scale of the graph behave.
- Interpolation: provides the ability to edit array lines and boundaries without changing the displayed values.
- Data: the data loading setting specifies how the control accesses the data it displays. “Inline” indicates that the data is loaded inside the page source (this data will be refreshed only when the page is refreshed). “Ajax Preload” gives the control the ability to load data via ajax, but it will not attempt to refresh them on a regular basis. “Ajax Refresh” allows the control to refresh regularly the data it displays.
After you have set the parameters as you wish, click on the "copy" button then paste the shortcode into the page or the post, where you want the control to appear.
This chart displays daily values or historical values.
Refresh occurs at page load (with or without ajax preload) or automatically (every 2 minutes for daily data or every 1 hour for historical data).