Candlestick chart is used to display the amplitude and visualize the comparison between two dataset from a single type of historical data. To configure this shortcode, you must specify the following settings:
- Period type and Period: these two parameters are used to specify the display time period. When the period type is set to a fixed period, the period you specify will always be the same regardless of the display conditions. On the other hand, when the period type is set to a sliding period, the period you specify will be relative to the current date. For example, to display the chart that always matches the previous season (relative to the current date), choose “Sliding Season” and “Season – 1”.
- Module: just select a module attached to your station, it must be a real or a virtual module (identified by a name in square brackets).
- Measurement: select from a list of all measurement types of the chosen physical dimension.
- Comparison set: choose here the two sets which will be used to produce the inner bars of the chart.
- Template: this is the chart layout template, choose “Neutral” for a template to be formatted by yourself via CSS, or choose a predefined template.
- Color scheme: specifies the colors to use for lines and surfaces. These color sets all use the ColorBrewer standard developed by Cynthia Brewer except, of course, the one that is specific to the template.
- Hint: select the form and behavior of the popup window that appears when hovering lines.
- Height: the height starts at XS (150 pixels) up to XL (555 pixels).
- Time Scale and Value Scale: Specify how the X axis (time) and Y axis (values) scales of the graph behave.
- Data: the data loading setting specifies how the control accesses the data it displays. “Inline” indicates that the data is loaded inside the page source (this data will be refreshed only when the page is refreshed). “Ajax Preload” gives the control the ability to load data via ajax, but it will not attempt to refresh them on a regular basis. “Ajax Refresh” allows the control to refresh regularly the data it displays.
After you have set the parameters as you wish, click on the "copy" button then paste the shortcode into the page or the post, where you want the control to appear.
This chart displays historical values.
Refresh occurs at page load (with or without ajax preload) or automatically every 1 hour.