Up to version 3.6.2, Weather Station collected the pressures as they were delivered by the relevant station, which could pose a significant problem depending on the type of station. The background process “Pressure Expander” clarifies how Weather Station processes this pressure data by performing the following operations:
- adding a measurement named “barometric pressure” which is the pressure at sea-level;
- adding a measurement named “atmospheric pressure” which is the pressure at station-level (the pressure actually measured by the station);
- fixing all daily and historical data concerned by this change, if any.
This background process is executed only once, when updating Weather Station to version 3.6.3.
From the version 3.6.3, after applying this fix, Weather Station uses pressures as follow:
- all psychrometric computation are done with atmospheric pressure values;
- psychrometric widget displays atmospheric pressure;
- outdoor weather summary widget displays barometric pressure.
This process may take from minutes to days. It does not interfere with the operation of your server and you are notified by email of the end of treatment.