Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Acurite PWS  

RSS
Xtreme EyeWitness
(@xtreme-eyewitness)

Hello

I've spoke with Acurite in regards to the removal of WU's API. They then point me to WU's forum. They also told me that nothing is changing as far as PWS owners and WU.

What options do I have that I can continue to post just the basic readings? I personally don't care about the data. I only want to post my PWS weather to my personal site for my out of town family to see.

Posted : 11/12/2018 5:01 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @xtreme-eyewitness!

First of all, you need to know that WU will change its API for PWS owners too. The only difference is in the dates: for standard users it will be the 31st (2018, December) and for PWS owners it will be later in 2019 (unknown date at this time). So all softwares collecting data from WU will have to be rewritten. This information is confirmed by an official rep. from IBM so I based my position on this. And it's why Weather Station will not allow its users to pull or push weather data (to/from WU) until the new API is published and documented (which I highly doubt).

If I understand well the way you use WU at this time:

• you have a pws which send its data to WU
  • you have set Weather Station to collect this data from WU (to display it on your WordPress site)

So (if my assumptions are right, again), you're using WU as a "gateway" between your pws and Weather Station. That's was a use case which was covered by Weather Station, but this will no longer be the case from the December, 27th.

There are 3 solutions to this issues:

• your pws is in this list of compatible brands and services, you just have to set Weather Station to collect directly this station;
  • your pws is not in this list but your station can generate one of this file type: clientraw.txt, realtime.txt or stickertags.txt in this case you can set Weather Station to read this file;
  • your pws is in this list of Ambient Network supported stations, so you can use Ambient Network like you were using WU... as a gateway.

If you're not in one of these 3 cases, I'm afraid to say Weather Station will not be useful and you will not be able to use it with your pws 🙁

This post was modified 11 months ago by Pierre Lannoy

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 2:57 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!