Community Support

Version 3.7.0 "strings freeze"  

RSS
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello dear editors and translators.

I switched the development version of Weather Station in Strings Freeze this afternoon. The current state of the strings will not be modified anymore before the release of this new version, the 3.7.0, and that means you can translate the "Development" columns without fear of losing your (hard) work  😋 

For your information, I plan to release this 3.7.0 version on December 27 at 01:00 UTC. It would be great if you could reach 100% in the "Development" columns before this date, or at least exceed 95% (threshold that must be reached for the translations to be distributed to users)...

I know that the deadline is short and the number of strings to translate is important but the choice is not left to me: Weather Underground closes its doors to individual API users the 31st of December and I absolutely want users to have a version that warns them of Weather Underground issues and offers them alternative solutions before the fateful date. Although I know that many Weather Underground users will just give up, and uninstall Weather Station 😢 

This new version is mainly focused on import/export and mapping services. So there are many "technical" concepts and words so, please, please, please, don't hesitate to ask. This translation forum is here for that  😀 

@zerog981 : if you see some wrong strings or typos, just tell me, I know you have a sharp eye for these things  😉 

@gerhard@zerog981, @arnaudbroes@Fredrik@miran@eclipse360@oddne and all contributors, I wish you all the courage for this new version to translate. Again, don't hesitate to ask (new topic) if you don't understand something.

Thanks again for your involvement.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 10:06 pm Chris liked
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello all!

I saw some of you have started to translate and I would like to tell you one thing: brands and marks must not be translated (WordPress rules). So, if you see brands like "CARTO", just let it like that.

If you have question about what brands you can see in Weather Station just ask, I can make a full list... 😉

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2018 10:17 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!