Community Support

Ok, Let's get the showcase going!  

RSS
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Trusted Member 🇳🇱 🇧🇪 Editor

Let me introduce my weather-website:  https://weeropdeveluwe.nl . I'd love to hear what you think. Please also let me know if you feel I can improve it somehow!

some info:

Wordpress, Customify theme and... yes, Weather Station  😎 is installed.

The weather station is a Davis VP2+, so with the UV and solar sensors, and an extra temperature station for measuring grass temp at 10cm. The Davis-data is being collected by a Meteobridge Pro, and the meteobridge connects the weather station to the internet. The Meteobridge outputs a Clientraw.txt and a Realtime.txt file. These are both collected by Weather Station. I need both, because these files each have some measurements the other hasn't.

Since last summer I added a sunshine duration sensor to the station. This is connected to the Davis via an extra rain station. Pierre was kind enough to add the sunshine duration sensor to Weather Station. On my website you see the sunshine reported as "Zonuren" or "Uren zon". Sorry, it's in Dutch 😉 

Questions, remarks, ideas, errors; I'd love to hear from other Weather Station users!

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Gerhard Witteveen
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 5:22 pm Pierre Lannoy liked
Chris
(@zerog981)
Eminent Member 🇩🇪 Editor

Hi Gerhard,

that's a nice and cleary structured page. Something I noticed though is a 404 error when hitting "Maps" in your main menu...url seems to be wrong, just that you know 🙂 

Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 9:06 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello.

I already knew your site, Gerhard, but I must admit that it is always so pleasing to the eye ...

My only question is about the Maand menu: how are you going to do in a few years?  😀 

And for the maps error, I saw it too. Unfortunately I think it's not on your side. I think European Weathernetwork did not think about CORS issues...  🤣  But it's not blocking for now...

As you seems to like maps, I think you will not be disappointed by Weather Station 3.7 😉

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2018 5:11 pm
Bob Eckman
(@bobeckman)

Hi Gerhard,

I was able to get to your site a month or so ago, but not now. Missing the great ideas for using the plugin.

Bob Eckman
Virginia, US

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2018 9:12 pm
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Trusted Member 🇳🇱 🇧🇪 Editor

Hi Bob, @bobeckman,

I think my website is online as usual. sure you've got the right link? https://weeropdeveluwe.nl . I'm glad you liked my implementation of Pierre's great plugin!

Will you "showcase" your site here? Love to see the results of your work!

Gerhard

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2018 10:51 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!