Community Support

Threshold Values for Density Altitude and Dew Point  

RSS
Richard Faint
(@richard-faint)
Eminent Member

Hello Pierre,

I am getting great results still from Weather Station.  So much so that I went to add a couple more gauges to my page, Density Altitude and Dew Point. Unfortunately, I have hit a problem entering realistic Threshold Values to scale the gauges properly..

For Density Altitude the maximum value allowed is only 3'500 feet. A more realistic value would be at least 10,000 feet.
Density Altitude has a large effect on aircraft performance and many countries have airports way above 3'500 feet.  It would be good to be able to display DA without having to resort to a Pilot's EB6  Flight Computer.

Similarly for Dew Point, where the Minimum Value allowed is 0'degrees C. A more realistic value would be -10C or maybe -20C depending upon where you are.  On my Davis VP2, in the last 2 years, I have recorded down to  -8.8C

Thank you again for your fantastic plug-in 😎 

Best regards,

--

Richard 

Posted : 17/10/2019 4:42 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Richard.

And thanks for your kind words. I take note of your advice, you're right that's not very realistic values. I have move your post in the "suggestion" category. It will be fixed in Weather Station 4.0...

Thanks.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2019 12:37 pm
Richard Faint
(@richard-faint)
Eminent Member

Thank you Pierre.

I am so looking forward to Version 4.0....... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2019 1:20 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!