Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] How can I change the minimum temperature threshold?  

RSS
thinkfarbeyond
(@thinkfarbeyond)

I am configuring a station in Fairbanks, Alaska where winter temperatures are frequently lower than -22ºF ( -30ºC ) .  In the station settings under thresholds, I receive a message that preventing me from entering a minimum temperature threshold lower than -22ºF or -30ºC. How can I change this parameter so that gauges can display winter temperatures down to -50ºF?

Posted : 12/11/2017 12:41 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Thinkfarbeyond!

You're absolutely right: I was not aware some of the plugin users was in such US states (and such weather conditions, wow !). For now you can't set a temperature below -30°C, sorry for that.

I will correct it in the 3.3.3 version of Weather Station which will be released early next week (in all likelihood Monday, November 13).

What do you think of -70°C as value?

Pierre

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 1:19 pm
thinkfarbeyond
(@thinkfarbeyond)

-70C Should do it! I think -62ºC (-80ºF ) is the all time Alaskan record. Our station at the Birch Hill Recreation area is usually above the inversion, and rarely drops below -40ºF/ºC. It may be only -20º F when it is -40º to -50º F in the surrounding valley. Thanks for your willingness to address this in upcoming releases. Toyotas and Subarus are quite popular here and do well in cold and snow, but I learned a long time ago that their digital thermometers bottom out at -22ºF/ -30ºC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 1:30 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello John!

Version 3.3.3 version has been released yesterday. You can now put value from -70°C for outdoor temperatures thresholds.

Pierre

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2017 11:16 am
thinkfarbeyond
(@thinkfarbeyond)

Thanks, Pierre! Fairbanks area skiers appreciate your prompt response to this request.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2017 6:57 am

To participate, please connect first!