Community Support

Data extraction from nooa reports, VWS  

RSS
AL
 AL
(@al)

Dear Pierre Lannoy

First of all, a huge thank you for your efforts so far. Your Weather Station plugin makes it really easy to display weather data in a beautiful way. I look forward to reprogramming my website with your plugin as the main source.

I have more than 15 years of weather data stored in nooa reports txt files generated by my "Virtual Weather Station" software.

Is it in any way possible to import all this data into Weather Station so that the weather data can be displayed as monthly reports as well as annual reports in tables? It would be super nice if there could be a selector so you can easily choose the years and months you want to study.

I've attached a few files to you in case you find time to evaluate if data extraction from nooa reports is an option.

Thanks again for your amazing work.

Best regards,

Arvin

Posted : 06/01/2020 4:31 pm
AL
 AL
(@al)

I don't think txt files are allowed in this forum. I'm not sure if you got the files. If needed please let me know how to upload them.

Best regards,

Arvin

This post was modified 7 months ago by AL
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 4:33 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Arvin... and thanks a lot for your kind words 😍 

Txt files are allowed - that's strange. Never mind, I know these type of reports.

For now, as you noticed it, it's not possible. The case is not really simple as it would require to have a new type of station, just for that (it can't be "mapped" to an existing type of station due to difference in measurement types). But it's a thing I will evaluate for the future 4.x version.

I'll let you know as soon as I have a "true" answer 😉 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 12:19 pm
AL
 AL
(@al)

Hi Pierre
Thanks for your answer. I will patiently wait and hope you’ll find a solution that can be implemented in Weather Station. 😊 

Best regards,

Arvin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 1:25 pm

To participate, please connect first!