Community Support

Awesome plugin - one adjustment -  

RSS
silver_2000
(@silver_2000)

[live-weather-station-icon device_id='wl:1d:0a:00:5a:4a' module_id='m2:c0:00:00:00:01' measure_type='windangle' element='dynamic' format='computed-unit' fx='none' color='#000000' speed='2000']

Im working on a wind source icon with converted value with units - the sample is great - Id like to show the arrow and the degrees BUT for our members Id like the arrow to point in the direction the wind is blowing NOT the direction its coming from 
Is there an easy way to invert either side of the Icon ?  

Again the work that went into this is impressive and appreciated ... 

This topic was modified 1 week ago by Pierre Lannoy
Posted : 07/07/2019 6:11 pm
silver_2000
(@silver_2000)

One more - Ive created a test page that displays simple text.  Id love to be able to render the same text in the header of the WP site.  Is that possible ?  
Dont think the header supports shortcodes 

http://114thrc.us/test-12/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 6:24 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

And thanks for your kind words 🙂

If you want to do what you describe with wind icons, you can switch between wind source and wind direction (just try it, you will understand)...

Nevertheless, for shortcodes in title, it's not allowed by WordPress... 🙁

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 7:10 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Oh, sorry, I've misread your second question.

What do you call the "header" of your site?

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 7:22 pm
silver_2000
(@silver_2000)

Wow quick reply -- very cool 
Thanks for confirmation on the header ( a file used by the off shore developer to create the navbar ) - Ill just use the json query I was using .  
You can see the site here 
http://114thrc.us/

I see that I can change from source to direction.  

Im trying to get both, sort of,     The source degrees is the degrees units used by most websites in our case almost always 225 ish but If I choose that the arrow points to the source rather than showing the direction the wind is blowing ...  Its confusing but I was wondering if there was a way to invert one of the 2 when displaying them.   

Here it shows WSW 237 at the time I pasted this 
https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/4a225ae46c3d4457b1c8c367cdc53050/summary
and Id like the arrow to point the way its blowing 
If you click on this map you will see the degrees and arrow like what Im hoping for 
https://www.windfinder.com/#16/32.9827/-97.1212

Davis shows a really cool wind rose that you may be able to implement since your plugin is saving data - Ive attached a screen shot 

And BTW - the darned theme Im using has disabled jquery... Thats what I get for using an offshore Freelancer.com guy to convert the site from ASPX...  

This post was modified 1 week ago by silver_2000
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 7:35 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

OK. I understand better what you want to do. You can not do it with a single control. But you can do it with two... (even if it's a not-so-standard needs 🤔  )

For the first one, use the "icon data" control, but choose to not display value (so, just the icon). For the second one, just use a "textual data" control and select "direction" if you have chosen "source" in the first one (or vice versa).

For the windrose, yes Weather Station can display it, like many other visualization formats 😇 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 8:21 pm
silver_2000
(@silver_2000)

Oh my goodness 

You rock 

I should have figured i could just do 2 ... Amazing 

BTW - I love your post about why you dont answer some questions.   I see that kind of attitude all the time for free stuff.  
Just show some common courtesy people ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2019 11:20 pm
silver_2000
(@silver_2000)

ok one more question - I know the icons scale based on the inherited page settings - is there an EASY way to make the icons 2x size ?  for example ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 5:43 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

You have many ways to do that. The most flexible is to add a css rule in your template css like that:

.lws-single-icon {
font-size40px;
}

The standard size is 26px, you can adjust for more or less...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 10:43 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!