Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] AJAX Charts out of range  

RSS
Chris
(@zerog981)
Reputable Member 🇩🇪🇨🇭Editor

Hi Pierre,

When I select Adaptive for the value scale of a double line chart in AJAX refresh mode and leave a page unrefreshed it could happen that the graphs move out of range as shown in the screenshot. The shortcode is:

[live-weather-station-graph mode='daily' type='doubleline' template='neutral' data='ajax_refresh' color='Set1' label='none' interpolation='linear' timescale='fixed' valuescale='auto' guideline='standard' height='300px' periodtype='none' periodvalue='none' device_id_1='yy:00:00:00:00:02' module_id_1='m1:c0:00:00:00:02' measurement_1='temperature' line_mode_1='arealine' dot_style_1='none' line_style_1='solid' line_size_1='regular' device_id_2='yy:00:00:00:00:02' module_id_2='m1:c0:00:00:00:02' measurement_2='humidity' line_mode_2='line' dot_style_2='none' line_style_2='solid' line_size_2='regular']

Maybe you can adapt this if you find some time. I did not post this in the issues section because I'm not sure if it's possible to change the scale with every AJAX refresh nor whether or not this is expected behavior.

Thanks!

Chris

I like the cold weather. It means you get work done.

Posted : 02/02/2019 12:08 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hi Chris.

You're absolutely right. Adaptative method is useful only for "static" data (so, inline). For dynamic data, unfortunately, it's almost impossible to refresh scales without many refactoring.

So, I keep your idea as a suggestion for when Weather Station will have all features I have in mind - and yes, I consider that there is still much to be done to reach a certain form of maturity 😉

Thanks  🤗 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2019 7:10 pm
Chris
(@zerog981)

Thank you for the quick reply and I'm eagerly looking forward to every new feature 😇 

This post was modified 4 months ago by Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2019 7:50 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Chris.

I'm working actually to "refreshing" my backlog for 3.9, 3.10 and 3.11. I've made many tests to implements your suggestion and... sorry for that... that's not possible without changing the component I use for charts. So I can't do it. Really sorry. I close this suggestion as it will never happens.

The "not so bad" news is in future "public dashboards" (WS 4.x) it will be possible for 24h charts...

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Pierre Lannoy

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 2:49 pm
Chris
(@zerog981)

Hi Pierre,

thanks for testing and investigating. I do understand that it's quite a challange. But what you have in mind sounds like an interesting and promising feature 🤔 Looking forward to it!

Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 3:32 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!