Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Zambretti forecast  

RSS
remember
(@remember)
Eminent Member

Hello Pierre,

How does this new feature work? What are the forecasting criteria?

Posted : 01/05/2019 1:18 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @remember

Zambretti forecast in Weather Station is the implementation of an old tool (designed by Negretti and Zambra). Basically, it uses current values, season and hemisphere to predict a 12-hours forecast. If you collect historical data (more than a year), Weather Station uses this data to improve algorithm...

The Zambretti forecast is known to be up to 90% precise when it is computed between 9:00 and 9:30 (local time). It's why you will see in Weather Station two Zambretti forecast. The one which is computed in this period (for the day) and the "live forecast" which is computed permanently (for the next 12 hours) but less precise.

I will write a more "in depth" article on this in the next weeks... 😉

https://web.archive.org/web/20110610213848/http://www.meteormetrics.com/zambretti.htm

This post was modified 4 months ago by Pierre Lannoy

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 11:12 am
remember liked
remember
(@remember)
Eminent Member

Hello Pierre,

Thanks for your explanation, since I installed the module for less months, I have already seen that it will not do any good. I tried to try it and gave the wrong predictions, is it because of the lack of data collection?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 8:47 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

It may due to many things (the first one is: it's not precise in all cases). But, undoubtedly, having more than year of historical data helps 😉

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2019 12:45 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!