Community Support

Weather Station station setup page.  

RSS
westernslade
(@westernslade)

Hi there!

I am a fairly new user of WP Elementor and very new to Weather Station. I run an Aercus 3083 weather station which uses the Cumulus software platform, the home website is www.mumblesmetdata.net.

I have been trying to setup my station to run on Weather Station but I cant seem to get the files required and their location correct. The Cumulus programme sits on my C. drive whilst the same software is available on my server, I have tried to complete the Weather Station settings page but I get a "bad file" message each time I try.

Any help or, advice would be grateful accepted!

Cheers!

John

Posted : 04/02/2020 7:12 pm
Chad Barchard
(@chad)

Have you made sure that Cumulus is uploading your 'clientraw.txt' file in Cumulus FTP 'Extra Files' settings?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 5:51 pm
westernslade
(@westernslade)

@chad

Hi there Chad!

Thanks for thr reply.  Can I ask you a few questions to help me follow your suggestions.

Which type of  weather station do  you have, mine is of the 'fine offset' type with a brand name of Aercus WS 3083?

What programme are you using to display the data from your weather station, I am using Cumulus. If you are using Cumulus, can you tell me the settings you changed to enable 'Weather Station' to read and display your data.

Do you run a website and if so will you let me have the URL please.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers!

John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2020 11:21 pm
Chad Barchard
(@chad)

@westernslade

Hi John,

I'm using a Ecowitt Weather Station paired with the Ecowitt GW1000, so also a "fine offset" station. I run my station using CumulusMX on a Raspberry Pi.

Cumulus will render a "clientraw.txt" file. You can then change (on your local IP/localhost, where Cumulus is running) the FTP settings from the Cumulus Dashboards (Settings > Extra Web Files) to upload to a directory where you have Wordpress/Weather Station Plugin.

Here's some photos (they are not mine) of the Cumulus Dashboard/Main page and the extra web files page.

My weather website is http://tobermorywx.com

Let me know if you need more help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 7:57 pm
Chad Barchard
(@chad)

Sorry, forgot to add this one of the Dashboard

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Chad Barchard
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2020 7:59 pm
westernslade
(@westernslade)

Hi there Chad!

Thanks for the images and information, most helpful.

I am using Elementor to build the site and with you information am getting somewhere. I'm still not at all sure how Weather sation interacts with Elementor if at all! Having said that, when I look at the Weather station dashboard, low and behold it produces data from my weather station, dont ask me how I managed that, I am then able to produce shortcode snippets and work them into text blocks using Elementor. Seems rather a complex way of doing this but it does produce data on the website.

I will amend the Cumulus file as per your picture and see what happens. Your dashboard looks very impressive indeed!

Actually talking about the weather, we have experienced Storm Ceira yesterday, gale force winds and huge amounts of rain, luckily, as we will live in the Mumbles, Swansea, we missed the worst of it.

Hey ho, back to painting and decorating!

Cheers!

John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 12:49 pm

To participate, please connect first!