Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Side by Side display of icons and values?  

RSS
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

Hi there!

This is a fantastic plugin!

An issue I am running into that I haven't found in the documentation is how can I have the dials display side, but side. ย I would like to have a number of them all together. But they only ever want to go straight down one under the other.

Please help! ????

Chris

Posted : 22/11/2017 11:16 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello! I doesn't understand very well your issue. Could you tell me what you're calling "dial" and provide me with an url where the problem appears? Thanks.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 11:26 am
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

Hi Pierre! My apologies for the original question, I should have written "side by side". I guess it was too late in the evening last night when I wrote that. I am referring to the dials, or 'gauges', that Weather Station produces. I would like to have them move across the page when the width and size allows, rather than only down the page as you can see on this web page: https://www.alberniweather.ca/conditionsalmanac/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 7:58 pm
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

Hi Again, I've taken another method of achieving the result I would like by adding some custom CSS classes and building the code into list elements. For example: "

I then added the following to the Custom CSS panel in the Wordpress theme to make it work: ul.weatherstationinline { float: left } That way every snippet of code that is within a 'ul' list with that class should arrange itself side-by-side depending on the size of the widget and the width of the page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 10:15 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Chris!

To put gauges (or other controls like meters) side by side in a row, you have 2 choices :

• Your template allows you to create rows: use it, it's the best option you have - and the more easy. FYI it's purely with this I've done pages like this one : http://weather.station.software/en/project/clean-gauge/
  • You speak html: do it with table or, better, div blocks. You will have more control on the result. Oh, and yes, you can do it with ul list ๐Ÿ˜‰

Let me know...

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 10:52 pm
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

Thanks for this Pierre! Now here is a dumb question... I know how to do it the 'hard' way like you said with tables or (yes better!) divs. But I haven't discovered the method in my template for creating rows?? How did you do that magic without html!? ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 11:03 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

It depends on your template ๐Ÿ™‚ Telle me what it is and I will take a look...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 11:15 pm
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

I am using the standard Twenty Seventeen theme.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 11:20 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Ah. Sorry. With standard templates you can't. So only my second answer is suitable... Sorry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 11:32 pm
Alberni Weather
(@alberni)
Eminent Member

Ah that explains it then! Thank you so much for your help. Chris

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2017 1:03 am

To participate, please connect first!