Community Support

Potential New User!  

RSS
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Hello: I am a new user of WF station 7086…I have wanted to create my own web site for some time, but was totally clueless of how to go about it…One of the main reasons I wanted a website was to be able to display local weather…Now that I have the WF station up and running, I have been looking at a way to do this…Your recommendation for WordPress and your really cool looking plugin seem just what I am looking for…Quick questions: Is the WordPress site suitable for a beginner? And, there does not seem to be much activity on this WF forum lately regarding your plugin…Is it still supported and will a beginner be welcome? I really don’t want to irritate the members with a lot of basic and maybe repetitive questions! Before I invest in WordPress, I would appreciate your suggestions and recommendations…Thank you very much!

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

Posted : 27/05/2019 8:51 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

As said on WeatherFlow forum, you're welcome 🙂

I can not decide for you if WordPress is adapted to your situation and your knowledge. I suggest you two things before choosing to give a try (or not) :

If you found 80% of your answers, it's a sign that WordPress / Weather Station are for you. And for the remaining 20%, you can ask 😉

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2019 9:15 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Thank you so much for your reply...I plan to spend much of this evening studying both WordPress and your Plug-In...Would you recommend the free WordPress or the pay version? I did see that the Plug-In works on both...I will keep you advised of how I do!

Steve in Kansas

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 12:08 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Steve!

Choosing between the free and the paid version is more a matter of personal taste and knowledge than something else... For me, it would not come to my mind to use the paid version, I am fiercely attached to the world of open source and its DYI spirit. But this obviously requires to feel comfortable to manage a web server... Which is not the case for everybody. So, I can understand that someone decides to choose a fully managed solution.

I don't know if it helps, but that's my point of view 😀 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 12:28 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Sir: The web plan I am looking at allows 50 gb of web space...Will this be sufficient to get started with a simple site and the plug-in? (I am not sure what the other stuff included is! Sub domains, etc)

And, dumb question Number One: Where do I actually download the plug-in?   Thanks...

Steve

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by LTCSZ

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 4:33 pm
Chris
(@zerog981)
Reputable Member 🇩🇪🇨🇭Editor

Hello Steve and welcome to Weather Station!

If you only use WordPress together with Weather Station 50gb should be sufficient by far. Once you have your WordPress instance up and running the easiest way of adding Weather Station to WordPress is logging in to the WordPress Dashboard and searching for "Weather Station" in Plugins > Add New. After successful installation you will have a new menu entry where you can add/edit your weather stations and configure the plugin.

Chris

I like the cold weather. It means you get work done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 9:08 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Thanks! Guess I know what I will be doing this evening!

Steve

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 9:34 pm
Chris liked
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Steve.

@zerog981 is definitely right, 50gb is an absolutely staggering amount of storage for what you want to do and will be absolutely enough.

What is important to have in mind, nevertheless, is: with a so low price you will not have a "killer server". You have enough storage, but there's no specification for ram and cpu (mainly because it's a shared hosting plan). But to start, this may do the trick... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 11:42 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Well, I don't mind spending a bit more if it will make a difference in performance that will really be noticeable...But, as this is my very first try at anything like this, I don't want to invest too much until I see if I am up to the challenge! I plan to spend a good part of tomorrow trying to get things set up (at least a minimum)...I will keep you up to date...(This should be interesting!)

Steve

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 11:58 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Hello Again: Had a slight bit of family matters that took me out of town for a few days, but I am back and ready to resume work on getting a WordPress site up and running...Will report back when I make some progress (if ever!) 

Steve

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2019 10:31 pm
LTCSZ
(@ltcsz)

Just a quick question: I am about to register with Bluehost...Any one here have experience with this company? Thanks

Steve

Steve Ziegler
Garden City Kansas, USA
WeatherFlow Station 7086

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2019 5:41 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!