Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] How to change map center?  

RSS
mdnnbm
(@mdnnbm)

Hi, I just knew the being of this plugin yesterday.

Yesterday was lucky for me! Thank you so much for making this. 

My purpose of using this is just showing the  sea current and wave condition, temperature, wind, etc.. from windy api without my own station for my site pages. 

The map was showed in my site with short code well. 

Now I want to have a map having each different map-center in my each different country's page.

However, I can't find a way to change the map center(lat, lon) in wordpress plugin(weather sation) settings. 

I searched all forums, but I couldn't find any topic about this.

So I guess that my topic could be very primitive. I need any help.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Posted : 01/03/2019 4:38 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @mdnnbm... and thank you for your kind words. 🙂

To be honest, your question is no so trivial as you think... For now the center of the map is dynamically set:

• if you select one station, the center is the station coordinates
  • if you select more than one station, the center is the geodetic barycenter (the coordinates of the center of the selected stations)

So, if you want to have a map centered on Paris (for example), you must have created a station for Paris (with OpenWeatherMap, it's free)... When you create the map, in the "Stations" box, you have to set:

• source: selection
  • selection: Paris
  • marker: none

I know it may seems strange but Weather Station is a weather plugin, and when maps features were designed, it seemed logical that everything be oriented around the stations 😉 It may change in the future if I can collect many use-cases...

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 9:51 am
mdnnbm
(@mdnnbm)

Hello, Pierre Lannoy.

Thank you for reply on me.
Now I understood this plugin is much powerfull than I thought.
As I needed the basic weather widget function, I could solve my problem by modifying iframe parameters provided by windy.com.
When I need your great plugin for my project, I'll visit here again!
Best Regards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 6:16 am

To participate, please connect first!