Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Handbook as PDF?  

RSS
Juergen
(@juergen)

Hello Pierre,

first of all: Great job!

I hope I´ll be able to use the weather station plugin in the near future (just building my website ...) with data from an Oregon Scientific weather  station and a meteohub server.

May I ask whether it´s possible to get the handbook as a PDF file? (Yes. I´m "old school" 🙂  )

Best regards

Jürgen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 3:51 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Jürgen!

Thanks for your kind words... Glad you like my plugin.

Unfortunately, there's no "option" to get the handbook as a PDF file. There are two reasons to that:

• I've never imagined a "use-case" for that.
  • As soon as it is generated (if it was possible) the PDF-handbook will be "deprecated". This handbook is a never ended work: it is permanently rewritten, fixed, improved, etc. with new features, improvements and bug fixes which are released. In the same way that I recommend to always run the most recent version of the plugin (see here for auto-updates), I recommend to access the most up-to-date version of this handbook, because there's always something new...

So, in short, there's no PDF version of the handbook. 
What is your use-case? Is it technically impossible for you to online access it? Is it an accessibility issue (colors, contrasts, fonts, etc...)?

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 4:38 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

After reviewing my answer I realize that I may have asked too personal questions. If you prefer, for confidentiality reasons, we can continue by mail .... Just ask.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 4:42 pm
Juergen
(@juergen)

Hello Pierre,

thank you for your prompt reply.

For software I like to work with documentation on paper ... That's been my way of working for years.

But I will try with the online manual. Maybe everything is easy!

Greetings from the southwest of Germany to the north of France 🙂

Jürgen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2019 7:55 am Pierre Lannoy liked

Working

To participate, please connect first!