Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Davis Vantage Pro2 +  

RSS
vsfbk
(@vsfbk)

Hello

Where can I find how to connect a Davis Vantage Pro2 + weatherstation to wordpress weatherstation plugin. I own the station so I have login to weatherlink but I dont find where to put in the login credential for the station in the wordpress daschboard.

Posted : 01/08/2018 11:36 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @vsfbk!

Sorry for this late answer, I’m far away from my home and have limited access to internet...

For now, Weather Station can’t collect data right from WeatherLink network (called WeatherLink 2.0). For other versions of WeatherLink, you can use templates (clientraw, stickertags, etc.) to be read by other weather softwares, but not with this new version.

To be totaly honest, with this new version, Davis has organized its own incompatibility with the rest of the world (technically speaking) and I'm not sure that one day Weather Station can support it. Sorry. 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2018 12:22 am
vsfbk
(@vsfbk)

Hello Pierry

I have not move over to weatherlink 2.0 still in weatherlink 1.0. So for weatherlink 1.0 use where can I find information to use clientraw, stickertags etc?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2018 7:27 am
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Reputable Member 🇳🇱 🇧🇪 Editor

Hey vsfbk,

Since Pierre is (probably) on his well-earned vacation, i'll try to help.

What you need is the Clientraw.txt (I do not use the Stickertags, so i'm not familiar with those) file in an accessible place on a server. Then you can point WeatherStation to the location of that file. Maybe you can check if your Weather-link software has any type of export setting? I use the Davis VP2+ as well, but not with the Davis software. Mine is running on a Meteobridge Pro. 

I hope this points you somewhat in the right direction!

Gerhard

This post was modified 3 years ago by Gerhard Witteveen
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2018 6:51 pm
vsfbk
(@vsfbk)

Hello Gerhard

Thanks for your help. The question from me how to create a clientraw.txt file with weatherlink program, I don´t find that on internet or in the manual. I find some information about stickertagsfile but I think a clientraw file is better for the weatherstation plugin. 

So I hope someone can help with how to create a clientraw file in weatherlink program.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2018 7:42 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @vsfbk and thanks for your help @gerhard 🙂

If you can use stickertag file, just do it: there not so much differences between clientraw and stickertags files (from a Weather Station point of view). If you want absolutely use a clientraw file, you will have to wait I'm coming back from vacations (yes, @gerhard, you're right, I currently spend some weeks in Italia and south of France 😎) because, for now, I have no access to documentation and a limited internet connection...

You too, have a good holiday if you have this chance...

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2018 7:28 pm
ajcm73
(@ajcm73)
AlanYoungblood
(@alanyoungblood)
Eminent Member

I've had a vantage pro 2 for years and was excited to find Weather Station for Wordpress. However when I looked into it more I found getting a Netatmo was just cheaper on many levels. The hardware to get the VP2 online was more expensive then a Netatmo system not mention the cost of time involved to get there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2019 4:40 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Alan!

You're absolutely right. Not to mention that in addition, Davis makes you "captive" of its system. Netatmo (and even more, WeatherFlow) allow us to freely get our own data...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/01/2019 9:39 pm

To participate, please connect first!