Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Weatherflow wind data error  

RSS
Kent
 Kent
(@kent)
Eminent Member

Hi

Wind strenght and gust strenght value isn't correct.

If wind data in weatherflow show around 1,7 m/s, then i have a raw data on ca 1,3 and wind strenght 0,4 m/s in weather station.

Even if i change unit in weatherflow i get same raw data, suppose it send data in some standard format..

But value in weather station for wind/gust strenght is only 30% of what is should show.

Other values from weatherflow show correct value, only wind data seems to be wrong.

Running latest version 3.7.10

Posted : 10/03/2019 7:40 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Kent!

Sorry to hear that... Could you send me the id of your WeatherFlow station and a page where I can see a wind control (gauge, steel meter, or what you want)?

Thanks.

Oh, just to understand well, what do you mean by "a raw data on ca 1,3"?

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2019 8:15 pm
Kent
 Kent
(@kent)
Eminent Member

Hi

With raw data i mean raw value that you can select for textual value.

You can see the station also on wunderground with id IMBJUVST3 where wind strenght is in km/h (changed weather station to this also).

Graph in wunderground show wind strenght up to 20 km/h today but graph in weatherstation only show up to 5 - 6  km/h....

Think the easy way for you to see and test this is if i give you access to wordpress (no problem for me as this is only for testing right now and not in use for anything else).

Please give me a mail adress and i send adress and a temp. login info to you.

/Kent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 10:32 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Kent!

Many Wunderground data are skewed or distorted (when there is no "hole") so, it's not the better way to compare/verify/etc.. The best (first) thing to do is to tell me your WeatherFlow ID (the identifier of your station, mine is 3603 as an example) and an url of a page where you've have set a shortcode with a wind gauge (never mind the type of gauge - steel meter, clean gauge, ...-) the only thing you must be sure is to set "Ajax refresh" for data...

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 10:41 pm
Kent
 Kent
(@kent)
Eminent Member

id is 5843 and adress is https://synology1.mkcm.se/wordpress

One more info is that this run on a synology and php then by default still only is 5.6, should be possible to tweak it to run never php but havn´t done this yet.

Also hard to see that this could be the problem as all other values seems correct.

/Kent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 11:19 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Kent.

Thanks for this wonderful report, you're definitely right. I think there's an error in the WeatherFlow API about wind speed units (or, more precisely, a misunderstanding on their documentation). I will contact them and if it's what I think, version 3.8 will fix it...

I'll let you know as soon I have news.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 6:48 pm
Kent
 Kent
(@kent)
Eminent Member

👍 Then we wait for this next release..

/Kent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 7:23 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Kent!

Issue confirmed, root cause confirmed and... fix confirmed for version 3.8.0 (the patch will fix current, daily and historical data).

Thanks again for the report.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 9:06 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Kent!

Version 3.8.0 is released and it should fix your issue... Could you confirm it?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 2:31 am
James Breen
(@golfintime)

Having the same issue and updated to 3.8.0. It never shows above 3km/h on the Weather Station 3 Plugin despite my weather station showing winds MUCH higher.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 7:07 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello James, could you confirm you have received a mail informing you of the end of the background process (the process which fix this issue)?

Are you referring to daily/historical data or mainly current data?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 7:51 pm
James Breen
(@golfintime)

Referring to daily using the "outdoor weather summary" widget. All data seems to be exact except the wind.

This post was modified 1 month ago by James Breen
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 7:56 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

James, could you confirm you have received a mail informing you of the end of the background process (the process which fix this issue)? It is a mail sent by your website just after applying the fix?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 7:59 pm
James Breen
(@golfintime)

No I haven't received any mail with regards to this. I did however however, run the update this morning . Weather Station has been updated. Your site now uses version 3.8.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 8:09 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

If you have a WeatherFlow station currently collected by Weather Station, you should have received a mail regarding the fix (a mail sent by your website). Could you verify in your spambox? Have you already received an email from your site?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/04/2019 8:18 pm

Working

To participate, please connect first!