Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Weather is stuck on Sunny and 80.6 degrees F.  

RSS
Fort Gordon MWR
(@fortgordonmwr)

Hi there, there seems to be an issue with our Weather Station 3 plugin and I'm hoping you can help. In the dashboard it says that its connected, and it's showing updates in the event log every 15 minutes or so; but the weather is only showing the Sunny icon and 80.6 degrees F. The temperature in our area is more like 40 or 50 degrees and foggy. When I run our website on the local development environment, it shows the correct weather. What can I do to try and troubleshoot this issue?

Posted : 22/11/2017 3:30 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello! Sorry to hear that... Could you provide me an url where the issue is visible? Thanks.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2017 3:34 pm
Fort Gordon MWR
(@fortgordonmwr)

www.fortgordon.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 3:54 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello! That's really strange... Is your production environment exactly the same as the local dev ? Which cache manager are you using on your production site? Could you confirm that you see regular events (in the log) matching the collect and no special event (like warnings or errors)? What sort of station is it? Thanks.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 5:52 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Oh, and yes, just one more thing. I don't know how you deploy (from dev to production) but, have you tried, in production, to change a parameter of the widget (just click on a checkbox, save, then revert the checkbox)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 5:54 pm
Fort Gordon MWR
(@fortgordonmwr)

The environments are close to the same, but not exact – there are some differences in the database. We use Sucuri for our CDN, firewall and caching, but we've had them for over a year and haven't had this issue until now. I'm looking through the log and it appears to be pulling information in. The station is using the OpenWeatherMap service. So far I've tried disabling the plugin and then reenabling it. Then I added the API back in and recreated the station, but it's still stuck at 80.6 degrees. Tomorrow I'll try to run an exact copy of my site on the local dev environment to see if I get the same result. I'll let you know what I find. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2017 11:36 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

After reinstalling it, have you created a another widget (in a hidden page), just to test?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2017 12:01 am
Fort Gordon MWR
(@fortgordonmwr)

I found a solution! I tried creating a new widget, but it was still showing the same 80.6 degrees, so next I created a new station with the same altitude and coordinates and now it's working! There must have been an issue with the station itself. Let me know if you need any additional information from me, but as for my issue, I'm considering this resolved. Thanks so much for your help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2017 3:17 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

That's a great news. Thanks for it, you made my day 🙂 Nevertheless, I take the point on this issue and will investigate more to see if i can obtain the same issue by deploying from a dev site to a prod site. Don't hesitate to come back if you have hints or news on this. Have a nice use of Weather Station and, by the way, congrats for the css job done, it's really nice 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2017 4:57 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Solving done by re-creating station. Thanks for the tip...

From Fort Gordon MWR
I found a solution! I tried creating a new widget, but it was still showing the same 80.6 degrees, so next I created a new station with the same altitude and coordinates and now it's working! There must have been an issue with the station itself. Let me know if you need any additional information from me, but as for my issue, I'm considering this resolved. Thanks so much for your help!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/11/2017 4:59 pm

To participate, please connect first!