Community Support

Problems with REALTIME.TXT - Cumulus and PCE-FWS Station  

RSS
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)

Hi!

We managed to set the Plugin with the attached parametries, but it doesn't work (Unable to use this source for a station: bad file format.) 

Then we have also tried with the local file realtime.txt in Cumulus and with the FTP, but it's the same. We are going crazy...can you help us? 

The realtime.txt is placed there:  http://monopolimeteo.hostinggratis.it/ realtime.txt, but in the FTP is ftp://monopolimeteo%2540monopolimeteo.eu@monopolimeteo.hostinggratis.it/htdocs/realtime.txt

Thanks a lot

Posted : 04/09/2019 11:54 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

the link you set ( http://www.monopolimeteo.hostinggratis.it/realtime.txt) is not valid. Nevertheless, if you omit the www it is ok 😉

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:00 am
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)

Yes, but it gives me the same error, the link without "www"  works in google, but in the plugin there are the error "Unable to use this source for a station: bad file format." 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:03 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

As your file is working rightly (see screenshot), it comes from the configuration of your server (which can't access its own urls).

May I suggest you to retry with "local file" type? Could you give the source name you set in this case?

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:14 am
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)

I tried also with the local file... Same error (see the attach file) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:29 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

It's what I thought, your source name is wrong.

To get your source name, in the Weather Station dashboard, in the bottom left box, click on "server configuration detail" then, tell me what's written for the field "Document root"...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:34 am
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)

There isn't a "document root" folder... I attached what i see in the configuration box

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:45 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Please, you must go in the plugin named "Weather Station" in your WordPress site. See screenshot...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 12:53 am
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)

Sorry! 

Document root /membri/monopolimeteo

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Giovanni Brescia
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 1:00 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

So, your source name MUST be : 

/membri/monopolimeteo/realtime.txt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 1:02 am
Giovanni Brescia
(@giovanni)
Posted by: Pierre Lannoy

So, your source name MUST be : 

/membri/monopolimeteo/realtime.txt

Ok, in C:// ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 1:04 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

The source name you put in the plugin, when you add a station!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 1:05 am

Working

To participate, please connect first!