Community Support

Outdoor Weather Sum...

Outdoor Weather Summary widgets - Not displaying Rainfall  

RSS
Florence
(@florence)

Bonjour Pierre,

Un grand merci pour cette magnifique extension! 

We just relaunch our new website and display the weather at the top of the frontpage. Look great and very useful for our members.

https://ycp.de

We use the outdoor Weather widget. Everythings works fine, but the rainfall/precipitation is always displaying 0 mm. We are displaying the data from  Open WeatherMap. In the attached file, you can see our settings. What do we do wrong? 

Merci d'avance, Florence

Posted : 28/05/2019 1:05 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @Florence !

Thank you so much for your kind words 😊 

Your issue is very strange. That's the same thing for me, it seems OpenWeatherMap doesn't report rain for many location (even if, like in your case, it's raining). Let me some days to investigate this, I will have to make many tests. I'll keep you informed as soon as I have found why...

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 11:24 pm
Florence
(@florence)

do you need access to the website?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 11:55 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

That's a very nice proposal, but it seems it's not only your site which is affected. Many OpenWeatherMap stations seems impacted. I think it's an issue from the OpenWeatherMap API, and I can investigate it from my test servers...

In any case, thank you for proposing your help. I will look for the cause of this issue as quickly as I can. 🙂 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 12:02 am
Florence
(@florence)

Merci 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 10:41 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello @florence!

OK. So, I found it. There's 2 issues in one...

The first one is OpenWeatherMap send now rain in a different way than they did before: the OpenWeatherMap collector I wrote for Weather Station must be modified. I plan to release a new version (3.8.8) before the end of this Sunday.

The second one is more "touchy": it seems they have trouble to produce right/good observations for rain for many locations. They are aware of the problem but they have no ETA for now.

Never mind, the version 3.8.8 will improve rain values. We will see how/when they will fix their issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2019 6:33 pm
Florence
(@florence)

Thanks a lot for founding the 2 issues. Very grateful. 🤗

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2019 12:45 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

Just released version 3.8.8. Could you tell me if it solves your issue?

Thanks.

ps: forgot to mention your French is perfect 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2019 3:17 pm
Florence
(@florence)

Thanks Pierre.

this Weekend we have in Bavaria beautiful sunny weather. I 'm waiting for the next rainy day  to know if it solves our issue.

I'm half french, half german 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2019 6:11 pm
Rai
 Rai
(@s1ranjan)

I found the updated version working for Rain, last hour accumulation part but it fails to calculate Rain, daily accumulation part. I am attaching a screen shot for this please have a look .
The code that I used to determine Today’s total Rain is

[live-weather-station-lttextual device_id='xx:00:00:00:00:01' module_id='wm:00:00:00:00:01' periodtype='fixed-month' period='2018-05-01:2019-05-31' measurement='rain_day_aggregated' set='agg' computed='simple-sum' ref='0' condition='comp-eq' th1='' th2='']

I have a strong feeling that total rain part is broken.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Pierre Lannoy
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2019 8:17 pm

To participate, please connect first!