Community Support

[Solved] Not updating WU  

RSS
i_need_help
(@i_need_help)

Hi, I'm new so sorry if I have missed something simple!

I have setup Weather Station on my blog and it looks great. the only service provider is WU using a friend's free key. I connect it and it retrieves the data. However, it doesn't appear to ever try to retrieve data ever again.

I have read the article re cron and I have tried manually going to mysite.co.uk/wp-cron.php but that doesn't cause a fetch of data either.

the log shows the first connect and then every 5 mins an error to do with internationalisation,  but the error does not seem to suggest it is stopping the system from working, and disconnecting and reconnecting the WU service does get a fresh set of data.

Any help gratefully received!

Event

Time

Service

Station

Core 3.6.4
Event 106, Notice code 333

2018-11-12 13:40:00
8 mins ago

N/A

N/A

Internationalization support is not installed on ...

Core 3.6.4
Event 105, Notice code 333

2018-11-12 13:35:00
13 mins ago

N/A

N/A

Core 3.6.4
Event 104, Notice code 333

2018-11-12 13:30:09
18 mins ago

N/A

N/A

Weather Collector 3.6.4
Event 103, Notice code 0

2018-11-12 13:29:11
19 mins ago

Weather Underground

Airfield

Weather stations data retrieved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 3:22 pm
Topic Tags
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

If it's a site which has low traffic, you must do it by following one of the method describe in the article you quote (not just doing it manually, it doesn't work 😉 ).

Internationalization support is not mandatory since 3.4.x, so no, it does not stop Weather Station to work if you haven't it... 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 3:52 pm
i_need_help
(@i_need_help)

Thank you so much Pierre and sorry for not setting the Cron up from the site first, It is now working.

what is the difference between hitting the url and what the site sends? I assume it is posting some data?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 5:30 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Absolutely no 😉

The difference is due to caching (browser, server, etc.)

Glad it helps you 🙂

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 5:33 pm i_need_help liked

Working

To participate, please connect first!