Community Support

Need help with accessibility  

RSS
davenicholls
(@davenicholls)

Hi,

I've been using the plug-in on my site for a couple of months. It's great, and has been very well received by users.

I use the widget in the sidebar (Wordpress Twenty Sixteen theme). I am in the process of ensuring that the site meets UK accessibility rules (basically WCAG 2.1) and I have pretty much everything working well.

My problem is that the normal site colours are black text on white background, which gives great contrast for accessibility, but I also have CSS that switches this for users who want to use dark mode.

My issue is that I can't work out how to properly switch the colours for the widget. If I set the background transparency in the widget to 0% then it keeps the original colours, which meets the accessibility contrast requirements but doesn't honour the dark mode. If I set it to 100% then the background changes but, because the text doesn't the content essentially becomes invisible.

I need to know how to restyle the text colour when dark mode is enabled. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Dave

Posted : 18/09/2020 9:12 am

To participate, please connect first!