Intermittent error not reading Realtime.txt file

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Topic starter

Hi Pierre,

For some time now (about 2 tot 3 weeks) I see "gaps" in the data read from the realtime.txt file. Usually i see it first in the rain-graph, when no rain has fallen yet, it shows as missing dots, as you can see in attached screenshot. The realtime.txt is available on the usual location, and is recent, but no data is ingested by WeatherStation it seems. After some time the error is gone without any changes to te setup or settings. I tried emptying the cache, no change. The error log reports an error. See screenshot. 

Hope you're able to shed some light on this matter ????

thanks!

Gerhard 

Weather Collector 3.8.9
Event 637756, Fout code 0

This topic was modified 5 years ago 3 times by Gerhard Witteveen

Posted : 16/06/2019 9:45 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Noble Member

Hi Gerhard!

Hope all is going well for you 🙂

I'm sorry you've got this problem. The first think which come in mind (based on what you say and the screenshots you've done) is it comes from your server. Could you tell me if you use "local file" or http/https file (and if so, could you give me the url) - sorry, I forgot ???? 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

Posted : 16/06/2019 6:03 pm
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Topic starter

Hey Pierre,

All's going well, thanks. Hope you're doing well also. You are busy with projects other than WeatherStation , as I read here earlier? Hope you have time for a summer vacation!

WS reads both the realtime.txt and the clientraw.txt files from the same location; my personal server. This is not the same server where WP is running. The clientraw file is read without problems from the same location.

I'll send the details via email, ok?

Thanks very much for looking into this issue! ???? 

Gerhard

This post was modified 5 years ago by Gerhard Witteveen

Posted : 16/06/2019 8:21 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Noble Member

Yep! That's a hard spring at my job. Many things, many projects, ... and no so much time for Weather Station ???? 
But I can assure you I will have time for a summer vacation (3 weeks, hell yeah!)... And for all the things I have in mind for Weather Station. I will start to develop it mid August...

Regarding your station, in fact, I collect both of them for many months and I have the same error than you. It's not always the case. It's like the file is temporarily corrupted... Let me investigate...

PS: the "Bad File Format" error is a generic one. It may be triggered for many thing regarding the file... Even a wrong setting in the file path.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

Posted : 16/06/2019 8:53 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Noble Member

Hello Gerhard!

I think I've found 😉
Your file format is bad, indeed (the error message was ok). The last position MUST be an integer (see here). For now the value present in your file is a decimal (0.6 at the moment I write this answer).

Posted : 17/06/2019 12:33 pm
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Topic starter

Hey Pierre,

Ah, that makes sense... Now my Meteobridge reports a value between 0.0 and 1.0 for percentage of sunshine in the previous hour. I was not aware that this was supposed to be a whole number. I guess the guys at Meteobridge didn't either! When I am at home, later this afternoon, I can easily correct that. The resulting value will be rounded to either '0' for less than 50% sunshine in the previous hour, or '1' for over 50%.

Thanks for your quick follow-up, as always!

Gerhard

Posted : 17/06/2019 12:59 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Noble Member

Posted by: Gerhard Witteveen

Thanks for your quick follow-up, as always!

You're welcome 😉

As I can read in the spec, you can set a threshold in Cumulus which default is 75%. Maybe can you use this threshold too?

Posted : 17/06/2019 1:08 pm
Gerhard Witteveen
(@gerhard)
Topic starter

ThanksPierre,

For now I just reset it to the (default) '0' value. The threshold setting is Cumulus-specific. I'd like a 'sun rate' (like rain rate) or a measure of the percentage of sunshine in the last hour. The Meteobridge can report a lot more data than the standard exportfiles can handle. We could use something better than the clientraw.txt or realtime.txt to send the data to WeatherStation, and still make use of all data Meteobridge records.

When I have more time to spare I'll dive in to this sun-rate thing ????.

Gerhard

Posted : 18/06/2019 8:51 am