Community Support

Error reading clientraw.txt after 3.8.10 update  

RSS
hilman2
(@hilman2)

Hi Pierre,

I get an error while reading the clientraw.txt since the 3.8.10 update 🙁
My clientraw.txt is located here: https://wetter.hilman.eu/data/weewx/clientraw.txt - seems ok and can get parsed with https://saratoga-weather.org/wdparser.php

Error in weatherstation log is: Error while collecting weather from Clientraw file data: Empty or unreadable file. Worked like a charm till the update to 3.8.10.
I rolled back to 3.8.9 and all is working again.

Feel free to use my clientraw.txt to test 🙂

Greetings
Manuel

This topic was modified 9 months ago by hilman2
Posted : 09/03/2021 8:30 pm
martindeserter
(@martindeserter)

Hello all,

I have experienced the same problem. I had the automatic updates for the plugin turned ON and overnight (between 8th and 9th march) the plugin has updated to 3.8.10 and it stopped working. Debugging was pointing to DataUnitConversion.php (non numerical value on line 984) - but I could not figure out what was wrong...

I guess I will try the rollback to 3.8.9 too!

Martin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2021 7:39 am
TePukeWeather
(@tepukeweather)

Hello all,

I to am having the same issue. Is there a coming fix for this?

Thanks

Brendan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2021 9:52 am
weather4smithsburg
(@weather4smithsburg)

I have also noticed the same issue; fortunately, I have a Tempest system as a backup and I was able to change all of my displays to show the details. 

What all is involved, or what are the steps to rollback to the previous version?

This post was modified 9 months ago by weather4smithsburg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2021 1:49 pm
u2kdd
(@u2kdd)

Hello together

Unfortunately it`s the same issue on my site and I have no idea what`s to do to roll back to the former version without losses of the data.

BR u2kdd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 6:51 pm
hilman2
(@hilman2)

1. Backup your wordpress / data (wpvivid plugin)! Just in case.
2. Login with FTP. Delete content of wp-content/plugins/live-weather-station
3. Download https://we.tl/t-o7DCGh5rjU   (version 3.8.9) and upload the content of the zip into wp-content/plugins/live-weather-station

4. Login to Wordpress, turn off automatic updates in the plugin options
5. Turn on creation of history data again if it isn't already
6. check the other options

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 7:02 pm
u2kdd liked
u2kdd
(@u2kdd)

@hilman2

Many thanks for your fast support. Now it works. In the future I will check the community support, before the installation of an update.

BR u2kdd

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2021 7:39 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello all and thanks for the report.

It's tricky issue I've identified too and I'm currently working on a fix which will be released before the end of the month (it will be 3.8.11).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2021 12:01 pm
u2kdd and kclifton liked
Ian.
 Ian.
(@ian)

Hi,

I'm running 3.8.11 and like others, the plugin does not update on loading the wordpress landing page, however going into the plugin a refresh of the data works fine.

The link to a rolled back working version has now expired, any chance of posting a link to this until the issue is resolved

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2021 4:48 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello Ian.

If the data is refreshed via the admin panel but not "normally", it's not the same issue.
The current issue is a problem to "understand" clientraw files and is now fixed in 3.8.11.

Do you have an operational cron?

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2021 4:56 pm
Ian.
 Ian.
(@ian)
Posted by: @pierre-lannoy

Hello Ian.

If the data is refreshed via the admin panel but not "normally", it's not the same issue.
The current issue is a problem to "understand" clientraw files and is now fixed in 3.8.11.

Hi

Re operational cron, it used to work as the Wordpress default setting, I did try and disable this in word-config and then set up a cron job with cron jobs org, the cron executed but the weather clientraw data did not refresh.

my clientraw files are refreshed every 5 mins and the cron job was also set to 5 mins

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2021 5:22 pm
Ian.
 Ian.
(@ian)
Posted by: @ian
Posted by: @pierre-lannoy

Hello Ian.

Hi

Re operational cron, it used to work as the Wordpress default setting, I did try and disable this in word-config and then set up a cron job with cron jobs org, the cron executed but the weather clientraw data did not refresh.

my clientraw files are refreshed every 5 mins and the cron job was also set to 5 mins

I ran the wordpress cron at www.chatteris.biz/blog/wp-cron.php but the data did not refresh, I hope that is what you meant by operational cron

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2021 11:14 am

To participate, please connect first!