Clear all

Duplicate rainfall records

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@eppingweather)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I've started experiencing a fault where when I display a graph of rainfall, the values appear in pairs - if it rained 8.6mm on Monday, then the graph shows also 8.6mm on Tuesday.  I think it tends to happen when the day after some rainfall has zero rain. See here for example: https://eppingweather.org.uk/last-month/

I've looked at the source data, which is getting recorded correctly, and taken downloads of data from Weather Station. It seems that the fault is in the aggregation of a day's rainfall data to create the JSON file. I can update that file and the graph displays correctly. At   https://eppingweather.org.uk/this-month-to-date/ I corrected the file and re-uploaded it for 1st-8th August, and the graph is correct, but the data for 10th again shows as a duplicate of 9th.

What's going wrong please?

Posted : 11/08/2021 7:25 pm
Topic Tags
(@gwctas)
Eminent Member

Hi @EppingWeather,

I cannot help you with your problem but I was admiring your site and wondered how you obtained the clean look of the charts here. Mine are not online yet but a screenshot is attached. You'll see how mine has a surrounding box and heavy internal lines. Yours looks much cleaner!

Cheers,

George

This post was modified 3 years ago by GWCTas

Posted : 24/08/2021 9:03 am
(@eppingweather)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@gwctas

Thanks, I took a long time trying lots of different options to get the best look. Here's the short code I ended up with:

live-weather-station-graph mode='yearly' type='bar' template='neutral' data='inline' color='Dark2' label='simple' interpolation='linear' timescale='auto' valuescale='auto' guideline='standard' height='300px' periodtype='sliding-month' periodvalue='month-0' device_id_1='wl:1d:0a:e0:6d:33' module_id_1='m3:c0:00:00:00:01' measurement_1='agg:rain_day_aggregated' line_mode_1='line' dot_style_1='none' line_style_1='solid' line_size_1='regular'

I think the critical bits are  template = neutral and color = Dark2. You just need to play with the settings for Template and Colour Scheme until you get the right combination for your needs - at least you see the preview on the settings page without needing to view on your web page!

This post was modified 3 years ago by EppingWeather

Posted : 24/08/2021 10:02 am
(@gwctas)
Eminent Member

@eppingweather

Thank you for the prompt reply. I changed the settings as you described and was able to replicate the look. Much nicer! There are so many options with the software and I have been playing around with various ones, came across your post and thought "why reinvent the wheel, I'll ask you".

Thank you again. 

Posted : 24/08/2021 10:48 am
(@gwctas)
Eminent Member

Did you ever resolve this as I have the same problem now?

Posted : 13/07/2023 3:40 am
(@eppingweather)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi George,

I didn't resolve this issue, but it seemed to disappear of its own accord. Something must have changed I guess, but I'm not sure what. I presume it is some setting I changed since the software hasn't updated recently but I have no idea what. I wonder if it is something to do with memory allocation or cache retention on the server that hosts my site.

Sorry not to be able to help.

Roger

Posted : 16/07/2023 3:30 pm
(@gwctas)
Eminent Member

Hi Roger, @EppingWeather

Like you, mine seems to have resolved also. I'm not sure why. I have another issue, where "Yesterday's Rain" does not report. I'll post a new question and see if Jason is about and whether he has any solutions.

Cheers,

George

Posted : 22/07/2023 3:01 am
(@eppingweather)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Haven't seen that one! Good luck with a resolution.

Posted : 22/07/2023 6:22 pm