Community Support

[This post is marked as unsolved] Calibration error of the hours of the sun and the moon in the widget  

RSS
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

Hey,

I use your wonderful plugin, including widget version and I guess there is an error in the calibration of sunrise and sunset times and the moon ...

Yet I have the right timezone (UTC + 2 for me) in my general settings wordpress (I tried to put in UTC to see but nothing changes in the widget), indeed your plugin is based on wordpress settings.
I also tried the widget in ephemeris mode standard, civil, nautical and astronomical but none correspond to the official hours of Paris (UTC + 2)...

I do not see what else to test ... Currently the widget (in standard mode) indicates 10:27 am in sunrise time instead of 8:18 am and 21:04 pm in sunset instead of 18:52 pm, so there is 2 to 3 hours apart ... Same problem for the moon ...

Thanks a lot for your help !

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Alex
Posted : 19/10/2018 9:40 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

You're right, your have a time setting problem on your site. Here are the first steps to help:

• in the WordPress general settings, use your timezone name (not UTC+2) because it will have troubles with DST. If I understand well, you must set "Paris" as timezone;
  • verify if there is warnings or errors in the events log (of Weather Station);
  • verify your cron is correctly running.

If none solves the issue, we will investigate more...

BTW: do you know there's a French version of this forum?  😉 

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2018 12:12 am
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

Thanks for your answer Pierre ! 

I just checked my time zone and he was already in "Paris".

I looked at warnings and alerts of Weather Station events and saw in the latest notifications (in the WS dashboard) that my "PHP version is out of date", so I updated it through my webhost to go from 7.0 to 7.2 but nothing changes on the widget with the hours ....
In the WS event log, in warnings there is "API / SDK 3.6.3 Event 40273, Warning Code" but as far as I understand it is just the expiration of the token at regular intervals. There is also as warning "Core 3.6.3 Event 40270, Warning Code 122". This last warning corresponds to what I see in the PHP version that was out of date. The other warnings and errors are "Internal Server Error 500" and error "Weather Collector 3.6.3 Event 40159, Critical error code 404" quite rare because of Netatmo servers turned off at times for their maintenance I guess .

These server errors are recent and going back in time with the logs I can not find these errors but just the warnings of the outdated PHP version. So I do not see anything suspicious to my knowledge that could explain the problems of calibration of time in the long term ...
At the level of such cron I see nothing suspicious, everything seems to work.

But I think I can not disable the wordpress cron as it says on your guide because I use a PHP script on this cron that runs every 10 minutes to update other weather data that has not nothing to do with Weather Station. But anyway I'm not sure that these two other methods of cron solve the problem because the collection and sharing of information are not optimal but certainly work, I would just like the good hours for the sun and the moon .. .

Ha ! I did not know no for the French version for I'll know for next time!

BTW : I use PHP 7.2 recently, Wordpress 4.9.8 and Weather Station 3.6.3.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2018 12:01 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello.

That's very strange. Are you sure the timezone for the station is correctly set? What type of station is it (Netatmo, WeatherFlow, WU, OpenWeatherMap, file-based, etc...)?

Thanks.

If you like Weather Station, please consider to make a review to help make it known. That would be the best way to thank me...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2018 9:07 am
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

Yes.... 

I'm sure for the timezone, he's set on "Paris".

I've a Netatmo station.

Sincerely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 7:19 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Could you temporarlely share with me your station (in read-only mode)?

If you're ok, just say it, I will send you my email address...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2018 9:33 pm
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

Yes, of course, I'm agree 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2018 6:29 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

Hello!

Thank for the share... I've setup your station on my server and all is ok for me (see screenshot). So this is a server-side issue... And I have absolutely no idea where it come from but, based on my experience, it could be from another plugin or a theme. I eliminate theme, because your site seems running rightly... Could list the plugins you're using?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 12:08 am
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

I confirm you have a server-side issue regarding date/time. See this screenshot...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 12:09 am
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

Congratulations and thank you very much it was the plugin iCalendrier the culprit. I deactivated it and immediately after it's the right time with the right time zone, you can see for yourself!
Remain more than waiting to see the reaction of other plugins but I think nothing will change.
Thanks again to you, you are the best!
BTW: In addition I can continue to use iCalendar because by reactivating it and putting the time zone option of the widget of this last one on "Automatic" instead of "Europe / Paris", the plugin is activated and it is the good hours!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 3:25 pm
Pierre Lannoy
(@pierre-lannoy)
Member Admin

That's a good news \O/

If you're happy with Weather Station, please, consider adding your review...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 3:38 pm
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)

I will not miss it 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 3:48 pm

To participate, please connect first!